CTRL-D duplicates the current field from the Document Clipboard
CTRL-A duplicates the entire posting from the Document Clipboard
Even greater flexibility is offered with "user-defined hot keys." Behind the Tools-Options menu of the Index module you will find a Duplication Hot Keys tab. Here, you can assign a hot key to a particular field. Then, when you press that hot key, that field's value will be duplicated into the current field.
Now the Document Clipboard can be loaded with any document as follows:
- Click on the halFILE Document Manager in the task bar.
- Click the Search icon.
- Perform a search for the document or documents.
- Right click on the row for the document that you wish to load into the Document Clipboard then select the Copy to Document Clipboard menu.
- Once again, click on the halFILE Manager in the task bar.
- Click the Index icon which will return you to the posting screen.
- Select the Edit-Paste Document Clipboard menu.
Learning these new hot keys and setting up some new ones can save a lot of time during the Index process.